Sunday, May 20, 2007

Leave is a small word for a concept as big as Leaving


Either people leave you or you leave people. World is a big pandora's box of troubles which doesn't believe in rules that can break. It just warps reality to create an illusion for you.

I haven't lived at any one place, in my whole life of 22 years, more than what I spent in my college at Kharagpur. 5 Years. The Doomsday Clock now stands at 5 minutes to midnight. 5 years is a long time. Years ago when I came to this place, it was a long journey I had embarked upon. And now it all seems so sudden, so brutal.

We make friends and then we leave. This place laughs on me. And I laugh back louder. Our friendship will remain forever.

It hurts me but makes me strong

The unnoticed breath heaving my voice
and the sand of time I held tight
in my palm, It gives me a bruise
I weep inside and pray
Who do I hurt when I go away? Who
The man who smiled at me
or the girl who had so much to say
or the towering light that showed me the way.

And then I cry
regretting all the things I couldn't do
stopping at all the trees which didn't flower
And all the long roads I didn't take
crossing the shortcuts instead.

And then I shout
freeing my mind
emptying my soul
trying hard to console

And then I smile
for how lucky I am..
for how proudly I can sing that song
that this is the place where I belong.

It hurts me but makes me strong.

This lightens my heart and I think writing blogs definitely helps. Thanks. :) The pic is of
Scholars Avenue taken on the last night of Spring Fest 2007